Specialist in insolvency and turnaround
Anthony is an insolvency and turnaround professional with more than 20 years’ experience assisting businesses, creditors and advisors in times of financial difficulty. He has held senior advisory roles with investment banks, specialist insolvency firms and two ‘big 4’ accounting firms in both Australia and the United Kingdom. He is a founding partner of Heard Phillips and specialises in insolvency matters that require detailed investigations, and advisory / receivership appointments for banks. Anthony has provided extensive support for small to medium businesses facing varied challenges, offering an approachable point of contact during difficult times.
Anthony is a current national member of the Small to Medium Practice committee for the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA), and a past committee member of ARITA’s SA/NT Division. He is also a lecturer for ARITA’s Essential Skills Education Program.
Recent projects/advisory roles
- Receiver and Manager of Rossair Charter Pty Ltd and AE Charter Services Pty Ltd, a private air charter service established in 1963 servicing the mining industry, corporate and air freight needs in SA and WA.
- Administrator and liquidator of the Bianco Group of Companies, one of the largest providers of goods to the building and construction industry in South Australia.
- Liquidator of Advanced Energy Systems Limited, a de-listed public company with real estate interests in Australia and China.
- Liquidator of Gebie Services Pty Ltd, a company that provided employment, training and development skills to the indigenous people of the Groote Eylandt Archipelago.
- Administrator and liquidator of Starrs & Co Pty Limited that traded as Truscotts Casual Living, an electrical, furniture and telecommunications retailer with 10 stores across metropolitan and regional South Australia.
Qualifications and memberships
- Registered Liquidator
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Bachelor of Economics